I’ve been meaning to do this post for so long, and with life getting in the way, I’ve only just found myself with the time to reflect on what have been the best 12 additions to my wardrobe in 2012. So, in no particular order…
1. Charlotte Olympia kitty flats
2. Celine taupe leather wallet
3. Mimco starlight embellished necklace
4. Givenchy gold sequinned heels
5. Lover white magick lace dress
6. Glassons peplum top
7. Alexander Wang emile tote bag
8. Chloe new susan biker quilted boots/Chloe susanna studded boots
9. Zara crochet knit jacket
10. Equipment white sleeveless blouse
11. Karen Walker iris print boat pants
12. Girl. by Band of Outsiders white woven skirt
From one of my first purchases of the year, to one of my very last, these have already proven to be the 12 best wardrobe investments I’ve made in the last year. Some, were lucky sale purchases or eBay finds, some were impulse purchases, and some were planned and well thought out, all of which seems to reflect the fact that you never know how much you will wear or use something until you take it home. Additionally, the price points differed drastically, which proves the point that you don’t always need to spend a lot of money to find something well-made, that will last, although in my case when I have splurged and spent a little more on an item, the materials have been of considerably higher quality.
For 2013, I’m expecting or hoping some of my best additions will include things like a new pair of leather sandals, sweet and simple silk blouses, a new trench coat, and a handful of statement necklaces, but only time, and my shopping impulses, will tell.