In a city that usually doesn’t experience such a wonderful summer, winter has been a long time coming, and perhaps due to the warmer than usual temperatures, I’ve found myself thinking more than once or twice of layering up against the biting cold. I’m finding myself increasingly drawn to a clean and minimal aesthetic, perhaps even tomboyish in a sense, like silk blouses worn under chunky sweaters with skinny jeans and ankle boots. Not a bad default to fall back onto when the weather is chilly and you want to feel wrapped up in a blanket of warmth.
Like my summer wishlist, my combined fall/winter wishlist is relatively unassuming, as I realise I could essentially make do with what I already have. My own real downfall is the occasional misguided eBay purchase or Lover extravagance.
1. Silk blouses in black and navy – One of the only places where there appears to be a gap in my wardrobe. If I could get my hands on a couple from Equipment I would obviously be rapt, but I think I could probably purchase these at a similar quality from Everlane or Country Rd.
2. Black leather leggings – I can’t deny the effect that the swathes of images featuring girls dressing up in their leather skinny pants has had on me, although this wasn’t a wholly inorganic idea. After wishing I had a pair of thick leather leggings for the past few winters, I’m hoping to splurge on a pair this year (if I can get my hands on them of course).
3. White superskinny jeans – After taking the plunge and buying a pair of cheap white skinnies last year, I realised how easily these worked in my wardrobe, so this winter I want to give them a bit of an upgrade. I have my eye on a few pairs of Shopbop (whose most recent sale markdowns have been more than tempting), so just need to narrow this down to one. The concept of all white looks during the winter strongly appeals to me, and I’m looking forward to pairing them with a creamy knit jumper and cream/mint loafers.
4. Cosy knit sweaters – A real no brainer when it comes to winter, and something I’m still lacking. Burgundy, oatmeal and beige hues are mostly what I’m after.
5. Black ankle boots with a heel – Another update on an old piece in my wardrobe. I bought a pair of low heeled chelsea boots from Melbourne about three years ago, and while they are still going strong, I’d like to pick up a pair with a pointed toe to complement them. I think I’ve completely missed out on this See by Chloe pair so fingers crossed a similar alternative shows itself soon.
What’s on your new season wishlist?
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38796707-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);